Director of Maintenance Open Position
Director of Maintenance
Starting date – January 2, 2019
Responsibilities include overseeing the operations and maintenance of school facilities and grounds in Armstrong as well as the supervision of custodial staff.
Prefer experience in:
- Basic plumbing, electrical, and HVAC operations and maintenance
- Basic construction
- Personnel supervision
Qualifications: Demonstrated Success in:
- Personnel Supervision
- Project Management
- Budget and Inventory Management
- Building and Mechanical Operations
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and/or wet conditions
- Ability to work in high or low areas
Reports to: Superintendent and/or Building Principal
- Determine work schedules for building custodians.
- Annually, with the assistance of building principals, evaluate the job performance of building custodians.
- Work with Superintendent and building principal to hire custodians.
- Work with contractors on school physicals plant jobs and make sure work is performed according to specifications.
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC work and equipment repair as required.
- Maintain proper licensure for boiler, asbestos, and other requirements.
- Work with Superintendent and building principal to schedule summer facility improvement projects.
- Develop a schedule for roof repair, floor replacement, concrete/asphalt replacement, gym floor maintenance, and other physical plant projects as required.
- Maintain and inventory of custodial and maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Work with School Business Official when ordering custodial and paper supplies.
- Supervise care of all grounds, including snow removal, mowing, and parking lot maintenance. (football field preparation)
- Understands operations of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and contacts appropriate contractors to address serious operations concerns.
- Ensures compliance with all City, State, and Federal safety regulations as well as Iowa Department of Education regulations and North Union School Board of Education policies and/or requirements.
Send application materials to: Travis Schueller, Superintendent
North Union School District
600 4th Ave
Armstrong, IA 50514