Support Staff Positions:
Director of Maintenance
Starting date – January 2, 2019
Responsibilities include overseeing the operations and maintenance of school facilities and grounds in Armstrong as well as the supervision of custodial staff.
Prefer experience in:
- Basic plumbing, electrical, and HVAC operations and maintenance
- Basic construction
- Personnel supervision
Qualifications: Demonstrated Success in:
- Personnel Supervision
- Project Management
- Budget and Inventory Management
- Building and Mechanical Operations
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and/or wet conditions
- Ability to work in high or low areas
Reports to: Superintendent and/or Building Principal
- Determine work schedules for building custodians.
- Annually, with the assistance of building principals, evaluate the job performance of building custodians.
- Work with Superintendent and building principal to hire custodians.
- Work with contractors on school physicals plant jobs and make sure work is performed according to specifications.
- Perform basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC work and equipment repair as required.
- Maintain proper licensure for boiler, asbestos, and other requirements.
- Work with Superintendent and building principal to schedule summer facility improvement projects.
- Develop a schedule for roof repair, floor replacement, concrete/asphalt replacement, gym floor maintenance, and other physical plant projects as required.
- Maintain and inventory of custodial and maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Work with School Business Official when ordering custodial and paper supplies.
- Supervise care of all grounds, including snow removal, mowing, and parking lot maintenance. (football field preparation)
- Understands operations of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems and contacts appropriate contractors to address serious operations concerns.
- Ensures compliance with all City, State, and Federal safety regulations as well as Iowa Department of Education regulations and North Union School Board of Education policies and/or requirements.
Send application materials to: Travis Schueller, Superintendent
North Union School District
600 4th Ave
Armstrong, IA 50514
Application Procedure for Teaching Positions:
Interested candidates should go to: www.teachiowa.gov
Application Procedure for ParaProfessional & Extracurricular Positions
The following items are required for a complete and active file:
- Completed application form (see below)
- Evidence of licensure (if required for the position)
- Incomplete and inactive files will be destroyed.
To complete the application:
- To complete the application using Word, click on the link above and save it to your desktop.
- Place the cursor to the right of question #1 and type your answers.
- Hit the tab key to move to the next question.
- Once all questions are completed save as a word file and print the forms, sign where required and deliver in person or by U.S. Mail to the address below.
North Union CSD
600 4th Avenue
Armstrong, IA 50514
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
CERTIFIED AND NON-CERTIFIED PERSONNEL
The North Union Community School District shall provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. The district shall take affirmative action in recruitment, appointment, assignment and advancement of women, minorities and disabled. Employees shall be given notice of this policy annually.
Individuals who file an application with the school district will be given consideration for employment if they meet or exceed the qualifications set by the board, administration and State Department of Education for the position for which they apply. In employing school district personnel, the board shall consider the qualifications, credentials, and records of the applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age or disability. In keeping with the law, the board shall consider the veteran status of applicants.
It is also the policy of this agency to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all employees regardless of their gender, race, national origin, religion, age, marital status or disability. Harassment of a sexual nature or with demeaning intent related to race, national origin, gender, disability, age, marital status, or religion, made by one employee to another is a violation of this policy.
Inquiries by employees or applicants for employment regarding compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action shall be directed to the Affirmative Action Coordinator-North Union Community School District-Armstrong, IA 50514. Inquiries may also be directed, in writing, to the Iowa Civil Right Department or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights Department of Education, Kansas City, Missouri. Such inquiry or complaint to the state or federal office may be done instead of or in addition to, an inquiry or complaint at the local level.
Further information and copies of the procedures for filing a complaint are available in the district’s central administration office and the administrative office in each district attendance center.
Date of Adoption: June 19, 1989
Dates of Revision: September 17, 1990
May 18, 1992
CROSS REFS: 401.1 Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action