High School Special Education – Armstrong Campus
Support Staff Positions:
School Nurse – Swea City Campus
Assistant Track Coach
Assistant Baseball Coach
The North Kossuth School District has an opening for a JV/Assistant Baseball Coach for the 2021-22 school year. If you are interested please contact
515-272-4361 ext 1030
Job Summary: Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Baseball program. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. Applicant must have coaching certification or able to have in place by May 1. Open until filled.
1. Assists the Head Baseball coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head Baseball coach.
3. Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head Baseball coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining game strategy.
5. Assists the head Baseball coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
9. Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
10 Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
Application Procedure for Teaching Positions:
Interested candidates should go to: www.teachiowa.gov
Application Procedure for ParaProfessional & Extracurricular Positions
The following items are required for a complete and active file:
- Completed application form (see below)
- Evidence of licensure (if required for the position)
- Incomplete and inactive files will be destroyed.
To complete the application:
- To complete the application using Word, click on the link above and save it to your desktop.
- Place the cursor to the right of question #1 and type your answers.
- Hit the tab key to move to the next question.
- Once all questions are completed save as a word file and print the forms, sign where required and deliver in person or by U.S. Mail to the address below.
North Union CSD
600 4th Avenue
Armstrong, IA 50514
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
CERTIFIED AND NON-CERTIFIED PERSONNEL
The North Union Community School District shall provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. The district shall take affirmative action in recruitment, appointment, assignment and advancement of women, minorities and disabled. Employees shall be given notice of this policy annually.
Individuals who file an application with the school district will be given consideration for employment if they meet or exceed the qualifications set by the board, administration and State Department of Education for the position for which they apply. In employing school district personnel, the board shall consider the qualifications, credentials, and records of the applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age or disability. In keeping with the law, the board shall consider the veteran status of applicants.
It is also the policy of this agency to provide a fair and supportive work environment for all employees regardless of their gender, race, national origin, religion, age, marital status or disability. Harassment of a sexual nature or with demeaning intent related to race, national origin, gender, disability, age, marital status, or religion, made by one employee to another is a violation of this policy.
Inquiries by employees or applicants for employment regarding compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action shall be directed to the Affirmative Action Coordinator-North Union Community School District-Armstrong, IA 50514. Inquiries may also be directed, in writing, to the Iowa Civil Right Department or to the Director of the Region VII Office of Civil Rights Department of Education, Kansas City, Missouri. Such inquiry or complaint to the state or federal office may be done instead of or in addition to, an inquiry or complaint at the local level.
Further information and copies of the procedures for filing a complaint are available in the district’s central administration office and the administrative office in each district attendance center.
Date of Adoption: June 19, 1989
Dates of Revision: September 17, 1990
May 18, 1992
CROSS REFS: 401.1 Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action